There is always something exciting happening in Bastrop, TX!
As a charming historic community, Bastrop regularly attracts visitors searching for a fun weekend activity or evening out. Whether listening to a live band perform at one of Bastrop’s favorite restaurants, attending an annual festival or catching a show - Bastrop is the place to be for year-round entertainment.
Throughout the year, Bastrop is host to a variety of festivals. From the family-friendly Bastrop Patriotic Festival in July to the famous Bastrop Music Festival in May, these festivals attract visitors from the Austin area and throughout Texas.
Bastrop’s festivals include:
- The Sherwood Forest Faire - a medieval-themed show in February and March with over 100 musical, comedic, and dramatic performances each day.
- Table on Main is where friends can share local food and drinks at a long table in the heart of historic downtown Bastrop. It is a one-of-a-kind event each April.
- The Bastrop Music Festival in May showcases some of the best talent in the state and features a wide variety of music ranging from blues to country, soul and Latin.
- In July, the Bastrop Patriotic Festival is a large family-friendly event featuring a 5K, street dance, live music, children's activities, a water wonderland, and fireworks.
- Also, in July, the Bastrop Homecoming & Rodeo has been welcoming visitors since 1947 when the event was first launched to welcome soldiers coming home from the war. The event includes music, a rodeo, carnival rides, tournaments, food vendors, dances, class reunions, and a Grand Parade.
- On Veteran's Day weekend The Bastrop Area Cruisers Car Club celebrates our veterans with its classic car display and Veteran's ceremony during the Veteran’s Day Cruise-In & Car Show.
- Christmastime in Bastrop is truly magical. Starting in November there are several festivals and events that are sure to inspire Christmas spirit. The Lost Pines Christmas festivities last for a month and feature decorations and activities in Historic Downtown Bastrop. The Wassail Fest & Small Business Saturday is another free event where you can taste-test food at different restaurants, stroll through downtown, drink a cup of mulled cider and enjoy a day with friends. Then, don’t forget to attend the Bastrop Lighted Christmas Parade that features more than one hundred entries from lighted parade floats, to fire trucks, and that jolly old elf himself—Santa Claus!
Bastrop Convention & Exhibit Center
Bastrop’s Convention & Exhibit Center regularly hosts live concerts and entertainers with their Farm Street Opry on the first Thursday of every month. The Center also hosts dances where you can dress up and have fun with friends, like the Red, White You Dance. Events like the Country & Western Swing Festival also attract visitors and locals to the Center.
Bars and restaurants along the Colorado River regularly hosts songwriters and bands, making it easy to find live music and have a fun night out. From country to folk, bluegrass and everything in between, Bastrop is the destination for music lovers. Click here to learn more.